cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Tree Indication & Manipulation: Groups & Patterns

Model Tree Indication & Manipulation: Groups & Patterns

It would be nice if I could select the group or pattern to manipulate, instead of having to open / expand said group or pattern & choose each instance in said group or pattern for selection / manipulation.

It would also be nice if I have failed items or features in either a group or pattern that the group or pattern icon changes to indicate as such.. Have it turn red like single parts / features / assemblies do. (I get the square that it’s suppressed though..)

20 or more pattern & groups opened up / expanded can make for a very long model tree!! And, as far as I can see, groups do nothing more than to help clean up the tree.

6 Comments
pshepherdson
8-Gravel

And allow groups to group items, even if their 'pattern feature' part isn't in the group.  i have a few times, when I have a slew of bolts & washers i can't group, because the 'parent' (the features that these are patterend to) isn't being included in the group.  So, i have a few places, where I have 20 or so bolts just lying around..  i'd like to group them:  "Group-panel-panel-bolts", but Creo won't allow it..

pshepherdson
8-Gravel

There is also a bug, I suspect.  i have a pattern, and I pattern that pattern.  When I try to add a component to the first isntance, and then pattern it, all the instances fall onto that first instance, despite the 'black dots' showing the intended placements.  Also, the 2nd instance of a placed copmponenet to follow the pattern, I cannot pick which pattern I want that componenet to follow, teh pattern, or the pattern of teh pattern.  I can pick the first part to pattern, and pick with pattern to follow, but the 2nd or third part reverts the pattern of the pattern..

pshepherdson
8-Gravel

I can rename a pattern, and it takes on the new name.  Otherwise the pattern is "Pattern (part)"

I can rename a group, and it takes on the new name, but it starts with 'Group_[new-name]'.  I can see it's a group by the icon.  Make newly named  / user named groups not need the "group" prefix..

pshepherdson
8-Gravel

My recent gripe / slow down, is that when working in Assembly mode ,and you want to select a part (sub assembly) to manipulate, you constantly have to hit "select parent" to get the whole part (sub assembly) as you brought it into Creo.  I do wish that, if I brought a part (sub assembly) into an assembly, that that part (sub assembly) is treated as a part, and that it dosen't automatically select that sub-part of the part (sub assembly) I just clicked on to make my selection.  I should be able to slect the part (sub assembly) like I would if I picked it out of the model tree..

If I want to select / maipulate the screw in that part (sub assembly), I should then have to select (click on) the screw twice, hold down a button, or 'drill down' on some way.

Also, it would be nice if I need to move the part (sub assembly) in the model tree, that it dosen't easily insert itself into another part (sub assembly).  I find it way to easy to move a part or sub assembly into another sub assembly instead of just adding it inbetween parts (sub assemblies).

pshepherdson
8-Gravel

Groups more than 2 groups deeps seem to loose funcitonality / manipulability.  Groups in geenral seem to need a fix-up..

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived