The PTC Community email address has changed to email@example.com. Learn more.
ModelCheck is able to check which tolerancing standard is selected on PRT and ASM (see https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/model_analysis/modelcheck/start_config_options/tolerance_type.html#).
This start configuration of ModelCheck is also needed for DRW since these properties should not differ.
Also there should be a check for the version that is selected (toolkit-value will be available for 7.0.8 https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS359079).
Field of usage: Using the right syntax ruels for GD&T: https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/whats_new_pma/detail-setting_syntax_tolerance_check_version_2.html
Hi @Tobias_Rausch . Welcome to the Community.
Thank you for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below). The more details and context you give, the better. Please let us know within the next two weeks.1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.2. What product & version are you currently running?3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.4. What is the use case for your organization?5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Hi @olivierlp ,
1. Industry: Construction machinery, Role: CAD/PLM-Admin, Stakeholders: Designer, Manager (decision to work towards ISO 8015)
2. Product: Creo Parametric, Version: 7.0.3 (soon 7.0.7)
3. Problem 1: No ModelCheck for used tolerancing standard on drawings (only on PRT and ASM --> https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/index.html#page/model_analysis/modelcheck/start_config_options/tolerance_type.html )
Problem 2: No ModelCheck for used tolerancing standard version and due to this the syntax checking could use old version even if designer inteded to use newest version (https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/whats_new_pma/detail-setting_syntax_tolerance_check_version_2.html)
4. Use-case: gurantee that the designers are aware of which tolerancing standard (and its version) they are using by setting up ModelCheck as warning on wrong versions and on error for wrong tolernacing standard
5. Business value: higher data quality, prevention of mistakes (due to not having the syntax check)
Hope this full fills the needed information?
Yes. Thank you for your idea and the information you provided.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.