cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Modelcheck: ModelUpdate run on other modes besides Interactive

Modelcheck: ModelUpdate run on other modes besides Interactive

As a request by @lwestbrook, I am breaking up the massive Modelcheck idea thread here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/New-ModelCheck-Ideas/idc-p/692247#M13722

For this idea have ModelUpdate run on other modes besides Interactive

8 Comments
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

REGEN_DIMS (identify drawing dimensions that cannot regenerate) only seems to work in ModelCheck Regenerate mode. Checking for drawing dimensions that are broken is something that should be available in all ModelCheck modes. Ideally with a way to highlight which dimension is broken.

jwagh
16-Pearl

Do you know how modelcheck computes these checks to determine which ones need a regen and which ones don't? It is possible that the regen needs to occur for modelcheck to see the issue.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

I don't know how ModelCheck computes this. However, Creo is able to display broken drawing dimensions in a different color so it seems like that could be leveraged into ModelCheck.

jwagh
16-Pearl

@lwestbrook would be able to answer that question definitively. 

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

@jwagh @lhoogeveen 

Somehow this discussion slipped by me.

I'm not quite sure I follow the line of thought here (though I think I understand the question), so let me talk it through. 

The Idea at hand is to allow ModelUPDATE to work not just in Interactive Mode. But then there's the statement that REGEN_DIMS only runs in ModelCHECK Regenerate (which, you probably already know this, but ModelCHECK Regenerate is not really a mode, but more of a flavor of Interactive mode; it is completely different from Regenerate mode). I don't really understand the connection between that and the initial idea. 

Nevertheless, I believe that regeneration is required for REGEN_DIMS, since it is ultimately checking for whether a dimension will successfully regenerate. But let me verify that just to make sure.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

@lwestbrook The connection with the original idea is to not artificially limit useful ModelCheck functionality to certain modes.

Creo identifies broken drawing dimensions in a different color and we would like to prevent check in of drawings with broken dimensions. ModelCheck REGEN_DIMS can find these broken dimensions but it's useless to us since REGEN_DIMS is only usable in ModelCHECK Regenerate mode. So companies that use ModelCheck in Save, Regen, or ModelCheck Interactive (without Regenerate) modes with Windchill Gatekeeper are not able to prevent check in of drawings with broken dimensions.

Maybe I should've created another idea?

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

@lhoogeveen Another Idea would be helpful, since implementation of the REGEN_DIMS enhancement would ultimately be different than enabling ModelUPDATE in more modes.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

Here's the Product Idea for enhancing REGEN_DIMS: ModelCheck:Check for Broken Drawing Dimensions in All Modes