1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Reference Ticket: 16620599
When running modelcheck regenerate on the drawing, the drawing is not updating to the extent where any lost orientation references of a general view are not in the message log. We can't use modelcheck to flag that as an error. Only when the drawing opens do we see in the message log: "Geometry needed to orient the general view "new_view_1", on sheet 1, is missing." We would want modelcheck to flag this, but we would need it in the message log first. It does work when there is a lost reference for a detailed view. For instance, the below message appears when running modelcheck: "The geometry which serves as the origin of the detailed view "A", on sheet 1, is missing."
If we run modelcheck regenerate WITH the model, the message goes appear. However, that would mean the model needs to get regenerated and modified. When working with Windchill, this isn't always the ideal scenario. We would like some way to check this without needing to run modelcheck with the model.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Sometimes an engineer might not understand what is happening to their view and end up redimensioning without the correct orientation. This will ensure the user is aware of the lost reference and will need to rereference.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Instead of recreating dimensions with an inaccurate orientation, they will be aware of the cause and fix the view first before recreating the dimensions.