Modelcheck should be able to handle 3D annotations, combined states, ... (elements of the model based definition for a 3D model).
To check the quality of a 3D model and 3D annotations is something really important to for a company involved in the model based definition and the digital twin.
I agree. The current ModelCheck options are nightmare and not useful. Our user switch off ModelCheck and nobody can really see a benefit in this software. The options of checking a model are much too limited. Too less detailed configurations are possible. This software is out of date and needs to get redesigned.
We are actually implementing 5 new checks for Creo 6.0 that are all MBD related:
1. Check for annotations not referencing surfaces
2. Check for annotations not displayed on any combined state
3. Combination State naming schema check
4. Check to ensure, for instance, that if a note says 4X, it is referencing 4 features.
5. Check for surfaces not referenced by an annotation
There are certainly more that are needed and that we will eventually be adding, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Please let me know your thoughts.
Delivered in Creo 6.0. If there are specific MBD-related checks that you'd like to see, please create another idea for us to consider.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.