1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 184.108.40.206
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Creo already gives an indication to the user that their GD&T is not valid. This is done either by a red underline or by using GD&T Advisor. However, modelcheck should flag an error if there is a blatant non-compliance. For instance, modelcheck should flag this:
It would also be great for ModelCheck to have a separate check for any GD&T not created using the Advisor.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Like all organization's, employees come and go. Which means that we hire engineers with different skill levels of GD&T. As they learn, we want to make sure they don't design or release data that is blatantly wrong. Something so obvious, can be checked by an automated system, and does not need to be caught by a person later and spend time reworking.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would quicken the release/review process. This would ensure proper design intent on the drawings. This would ensure the parts are manufactured and inspected correctly.
Since Creo already does the check, it would just mean that modelcheck needs to read that data and report on it.