cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeltree filters/queries - create and save advanced, user defined modeltree filters/queries

Modeltree filters/queries - create and save advanced, user defined modeltree filters/queries

Current situation:

The modeltree can be filtered by using the Tree Filters functionality and it can be modified by displaying different columns by using the Tree Columns functionality. Additionally the user is able to filter or query by a certain item using the quick search field. This will reduce the model tree and show only objects that has the certain item.

What is missing:

What is currently missing is a way to filter the modeltree in a way that shows objects without a certain information - the other way around. Next to the quick search field I found some predefined queries and I was hoping to create my own but it is only possible to use the existing ones. I wanted to filter the modeltree to identify objects that do not have a certain parameter value and therefore need to be treated. As the quick filter only filtering for a certain item it can't be used for that kind of "negative" search.

What can be improved:

To be able to filter the modeltree for missing values it would be necessary to create user defined queries that enable the user to create "negative" searches/filters in modeltree. The idea is to make it accessible next to the already predefined queries as shown in the picture.

210505_ptc_idea_user_defined_queries.png

can With the new functionality of quick search/filter it is possible to reduce the modeltree or highlight objects inside the modeltree with a matching item from the quick search field.