Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple color schemas per model

Mutiple color schemas per model

Colors are used for multiple purposes: real product color, functionality (high and low pressure, machined and unmachined, …)

There is no functionality available which allows  to use multiple  color schemas for a model.

Idea:

Add a tab to the ViewManager "Color" like the "Style" tab. Include the "Color" to the "All" tab.

Let the user toggle betwen the schemas and define the colors for a model per schema.

5 Comments
Peridot

This could be added to the view manager with simplified reps. 

The Material should have different variations defined. It looks like that capability was planned but never implemented.

Also to consider is that the Designer might want a strange color of an item to better differentiate the item, still being able to quickly switch back to the real color.

Peridot

Wouldn't that be nice

One step in the right direction:

With Creo 4.0 it is possible to create an Appearance. I did a  short test: In a part it works as I expected.

In the assembly the active appearance of the part is visible. I found no way to activate the part appearance in the assembly.

What I am looking for is to  control the appearance from the top assembly. I would like to create some standard appearances ( JD Color, Function Color, CAD color, ....) where the users can change the colors for the appearance and control the active appearance from the top assembly.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged