Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple color schemas per model

Mutiple color schemas per model

Colors are used for multiple purposes: real product color, functionality (high and low pressure, machined and unmachined, …)

There is no functionality available which allows  to use multiple  color schemas for a model.

Idea:

Add a tab to the ViewManager "Color" like the "Style" tab. Include the "Color" to the "All" tab.

Let the user toggle betwen the schemas and define the colors for a model per schema.

6 Comments
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This could be added to the view manager with simplified reps. 

DHLewis
9-Granite

The Material should have different variations defined. It looks like that capability was planned but never implemented.

Also to consider is that the Designer might want a strange color of an item to better differentiate the item, still being able to quickly switch back to the real color.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Wouldn't that be nice

Jan-GerdHinrich
2-Guest

One step in the right direction:

With Creo 4.0 it is possible to create an Appearance. I did a  short test: In a part it works as I expected.

In the assembly the active appearance of the part is visible. I found no way to activate the part appearance in the assembly.

What I am looking for is to  control the appearance from the top assembly. I would like to create some standard appearances ( JD Color, Function Color, CAD color, ....) where the users can change the colors for the appearance and control the active appearance from the top assembly.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

AndersT
3-Visitor

I agree  with Jan-GerdHinrich suggestion , looking for the same solution, and hope for enhancements in Creo 7