cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

New drawing takes name of current part

New drawing takes name of current part

If I'm working in widget.prt (or thingy.asm) and I create a new drawing, the name of the drawing should default to widget.drw (or thingy.drw), instead of drw0001.drw.

This would save a lot of people a little bit of time several times a day, for little programming effort.

8 Comments
DomenicLaritz
16-Pearl

I'd suggest to realize this by a option in the file config.pro.

So the administrator could choose, if this would be a benefit for his company.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

As long as its default value is yes. Too many good options are turned off by default by PTC.

Customers shouldnt spend days turning stuff on. Creo and specialy ProE before where like cars with deflated tires, mirrors pointing in wrong directions and seats adjusted for dwarfs. So when you buy one you either fix factory defaults or think there is saboteur among them.

RaphaelCNascime
1-Newbie

I just marked this Idea as "For Future Consideration".

We are definitely looking at ways to provide a better workflow for drawing creation in future releases. Thanks for the feedback!

MikkoHinkkanen
13-Aquamarine

Also, a function "open drawing" from part or assembly which would try to open corresponding drw would be nice...

RaphaelCNascime
1-Newbie

That's also a good idea. Please create a new idea in the system for this. It will be easier to track and get feedback from other users if it is its own separate idea and not just buried in the comments of this idea. Thanks!

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

with Windchill and STools we obtain this functionality to have the same names already and I can confirm that this is really helping habit!

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Mfridman
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Current Functionality

We have introduced a new checkbox option when creating a drawing in Creo 6.0

The new checkbox will name the drawing with the same name as its model name.

Here is a snapshot of the new UI:

MFR_0-1593425475725.png