Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delay for right-click menus

No delay for right-click menus

Currently, to access a right-click, aka short-cut, menu you have to hold down the right mouse button and wait a moment.  If this is not necessary then lets turn into an immediate action, an actual click instead of a hold.

9 Comments
DHLewis
Granite

Yes the hold time is required because just right clicking tabs through the items selected.

KevinBradberry
Participant

Indeed, but not when the screen is clear in the background.  I had my cursor in blank space when I thought of this one.  You make a good point, though, it's probably not a functionality we could have, but maybe the code programmers know a way.

VladimirPalffy
Amethyst

DHLewis - Do you write that it is required and you are voted - NEGATIVE??

KevinBradberry
Participant

I voted in the affirmative.

VladimirPalffy
Amethyst

Hi Kevin - you are OK, I mean Mr. DHLewis

KrisR

Typically tabbing through items happens after an item/command is selected. It should be possible to remove the delay from right click and still use short right click after a command is initiated.

KevinBradberry
Participant

Yes and no.  Right-clicking will always cycle through a particular set of items.  Which items are cycled through depends on what mode you are in.  But once the desired selection is outlined in blue and you then select it, thereby making it red, you cannot cycle through items any longer unless you move your cursor slightly.  So, after making your selection (or when your cursor is over empty space) I think the short-cut menu should be a quick click and not a click and hold.

Is this trivial?  Maybe, but over the years, much time is lost because of the short-cut menu delay.

Why have a delay if it is not necessary?

GrahameWard
Participant

A bit like tabs in drawing mode.

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: Archived