1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Reference:
Case - 16281213
SPR - 13617020
Drawings seem to have display issues when an offset lines goes through a part which interferes, or goes through a quilt (even hidden) that interferes. There are drastic differences how the offset line breaks in different situations (quilts hidden, shown, etc). Sometimes it breaks with very large gaps. There doesn't seem to be any rime or reason. If you extend the offset lines and make it bigger, the gap behavior also changes. For example:
4. What is the use case for your organization? Our organization designs hundreds of products a year, all exploded Assembly drawings. Each of our products/drawings are unique and sometimes there might be hidden quilts. These hidden quilts are causing our engineers to be frustrated in managing the exploded lines.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would quicken the design time of our products, as we won't require engineering time to figure out how to work with Creo abnormalities/bugs that won't get fixed. In addition, it would build user confidence in the tool, which would help grow the tool in the organization.