cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On/Off on "set Datum" (Datum display filters)

On/Off on "set Datum" (Datum display filters)

Datum display filters should be able to hide all types of planes -> "Set Datum" also.

Turn OFF the display of ALL planes

datum planes on-off on set datums OFF.jpg

5 Comments
Sapphire II

Thought it would be nice to bump this again. Sure would be great for large assemblies, especially now that not all set datums can be layered off.

I wrote up a similar idea for the same problem:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4619

please vote for it as well.

Maybe the toggle 3D annotations icon should toggle these also, or plane display, i don't care how to control it, i just need to be able to control their display.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Our company it finally fed up with the plastering of set datums in the model.  We cannot even see the models anymore. 

set_datums.jpg

I opened a ticket with PTC. 

They said, "working as designed because earlier the reference planes were used to provide source for set datums. If the set datums were included with the plane display toggle on/off it would merely end the purpose in first place. As it would be difficult or create confusion for manufacturing vendor to separate the cluster of planes from the reference set datum's and the normal or created datum planes and its functionality. So the set datums are not included in plane display toggle on/off."

I stated that datums are datums regardless if they are set or not.  We used to combat this issue with the Temporary Shade function, but in Creo 5.0, this function does NOT work on all assemblies.  They said to vote up this product idea. 

Sapphire II

Always good to bump these occassionally to get more votes but I have no hope!!!

While you are voting, add a vote for the one that is specifically for drawings too!!

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/quot-Set-Datums-quot-should-be-hidden-by-default-...