Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open drawing using right-click

Open drawing using right-click

Would like to be able to open a drawing by right-clicking on the desired part, either in the model tree or from the assembly that's open.

17 Comments
Topaz II

Christopher Romero‌ 

You may want to vote on your own idea ...   

Topaz II

If the part is in more than one drawing, how would it know which drawing to open?

I can't think of a case where a part belongs to more than one drawing.  We allow one part per part number/drawing number and one assy per assy number/drawing number.

Sapphire I

BUT.....

Look at the 1st angle vs 3rd angle vs arrow thread.

In a global corporation, you could have  multiple drawings per model depending on view orientation and/or language of the notes.

The model is universal but the manufacturing instructions (drawing) is localized.

Sapphire II

We do customer drawings (limited detail) and manufacturing drawings off the same model.

The idea is not a bad idea but...

Also, our drawings don't have the same file name as our models.

Some where on the forum, I seem to remember someone posting a script or mapkey to open a drawing from a model with the same file name but I can't find it right off hand.

How about when you right click the part or assy, it lists the few drawings from which you can choose?

Sapphire II
Sapphire II

maybe this one is the open drawing from the model

Re: Map key to open drawing with the same name as the model

That would be the beauty of it, Creo knows what part is associated with what drawing, regardless of filenames.

Topaz II

Toby Metcalf‌ - duplicate per Stephen

Sapphire I

Creo does NOT know what drawings are associated to a model.

The drawing knows what model(s) are associated to it.

Windchill knows the relationships between drawings and models.

Same difference...

That's the purpose of the idea, so the part knows what drawing it's associated to.

Opal

Good day all -

As this is a duplicate, I will close voting for this idea.

If you like it, please vote here Open a drawing from the model.

Best,

Toby

Emerald III
Opal

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip; would you also post in within the link I posted?

Best,

Toby

Emerald III

Hi Toby,

from my point of view it does not make any sense to put my link into Open a drawing from the model. because it does not solve situation mentioned there.

MH