1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 184.108.40.206
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When we retrieve all references of a model, it only retrieves the direct references associated with the cad model. We have designs where model A refers to model B which refers to model C. When we retrieve references for A, it brings model B into session. However, model B has it's own references that are still missing. This is causing the message window give warnings, like "Model for a variable reference pattern (head id XXX) is missing." and others, along with modelcheck errors/warnings (that read the message window). We would like an option or functionality that will retrieve all references, including those in session, until all models have no missing references, or the references are broken. If B is loaded in Session, it should also retrieve model C into Session as well.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We have tools, like modelcheck, which read the message window for issues. We have mapkeys that try to retrieve references, but can not in these situations. We also have scenarios where references should be updating, when it isn't, since all of the necessary references are not in session.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It would help us ensure there is no loss of references from model C to A and that our parts get updated correctly. Otherwise, we will have failures in the field and delay the schedule and maybe even stop the production of a product.