Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Feature in Creo Parametric

Pipe Feature in Creo Parametric

Pipe feature in Creo parametric is a great feature to quickly create a pipe to get bend data and other piping information.

In Creo 3.0 its moved to obsoleted feature list ( Config option enable_obsoleted_features to yes).

Creo Piping and Cabling Extension is a great module to create complex piping system, but  for a quick design this feature is very handy.

(Alterative to this will be Curve through point option but won’t give all bend information).

It is recommended to get Pipe feature further developed and modernized.

6 Comments
kpritchard
4-Participant

It would be a shame to lose the Pipe feature is Foundation Creo (sorry if I got the branding/packaging wrong).

udyna
4-Participant

PTC marks Pipe feature as obsoleted features. I think just want to user to pay more money to buy Creo Piping and Cabling Extension

kpritchard
4-Participant

Hopefully not an extension play... Curve through points as trajectory for sweep would be the likely alternative as the points would still give you vertex table capability and the curve can be set to single radius.

Now if Piping/Cabling had functionality to put existing "soft goods" such as hoses or harnesses into different assembly environments to accommodate same part, different installed shape then that would be compelling.

sully7
13-Aquamarine

I think that even if they obsolete the pipe feature, they have some SERIOUS work to do improving the Creo Piping module. I'd rather see them focus on an entire suite of piping/routing tools than one specific pipe feature.

tpartridge
2-Guest

Pro/PIPING is not an equivalent replacement, since it is more complex and comes with significant overhead associated with being created in the context of an assembly.  A pipe feature is easy and simple, and has no assembly complications/baggage.  Please do not eliminate the pipe feature.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged