cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring the old sweep (closed trajectory, open section -> add inner face) back

Please bring the old sweep (closed trajectory, open section -> add inner face) back

In pre-Creo releases there was the fantastic option to create a regular sweep using a closed trajectory and an open section.

The system then presented the option "Add inner face" to create a solid this way.

This was a very convenient feature.

It is very sad that this feature is deliberately omitted in the Creo versions.

Modernizing the GUI should not lead to a GUI for dummies or to lesser functionality.

Best regards,

John Bijnens

7 Comments
gvora
Participant

PLEASE REFERE TO MY CASE # 10702268 & 10703810 AND RESPECTIVE SPR # 2119554

ON 02/28/2012.

I AM REGULARLY ASKING PTC AND I AM NOT GETTING ANY ANSWER.

TimMcLellan

Removing Functionality, not a good idea.  I was working in Creo 2 and wanted to use this functionality only to find out it was eliminated.  Now, more steps (use FILL), more features and less usability. 

PTC this feature should be brought back. 

Also, I am now going to create a UDF from WF5 that contains this functionality so I have it available in Creo 2+..

jganter

Also opened a Call C11664829, where our users want to have this functionality (WF4). After several mails the calls was closed and our users are not really satisfied.

JB_87049
Alexandrite

I had the same experience. I was told that this functionality wouldn't come back but it was not so stable as I thought.

Hm. It was stable enough to stay in so many releases ?

AndyHermanson
Amethyst

This is what we did. User created a udf to just drop in.

rwirrer
Visitor

It's possible to switch to legacy mode and there you will find the old sweeptool...
With the old one it's possible...adding a mapkey which navigates to the tool should work...
Just an idea.

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: Acknowledged