Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point pattern with standard holes - fix it

Point pattern with standard holes - fix it

Regarding PTC Case C12509583, this needs to be fixed by PTC.  They state this is intended functionality, but it causes confusion and can become an issue because an extra hole is placed in the pattern and the initial hole (cannot be removed from the pattern) is not in the same location as the point selected.  This move is slight, but can be out of tolerance.  A "work-around" is stated as the requirement, not a true work-around.  This work-around is to go into the options and select Use alternate origin and then you can select a point in the pattern.

I propose that PTC does this automatically as they know that if the pattern is a point pattern, and the hole is a standard hole, then this fix must be applied.  To me this seems like it would be an easy fix.

By the way, simple holes are ok.

5 Comments
Emerald II

Since other people cannot see you case, could you provide either screenshots or links to the relevant support articles?

Marble

Sorry, I meant to say Document CS152954.  This is also referencing SPR 2203769.

Pearl

I ran into this same issue last week and burned up multiple hours trying to figure out what was wrong only to discover that *some* of my point patterns were off by .008 to .023" in my case. It was a small enough number not to be immediately noticeable but big enough to cause assembly problems.

Emerald II
Moonstone

All,

we have been working to address this for Creo 5.0 (see sneak-peek post)

If you are interested in trying this out, please apply to the currently ongoing Creo 5.0 Sneak-Peek testing event allowing you to test Creo 5.0 sneak-peek (web-based Cloud served environment, no Creo install needed).

You can register from here: https://www.ptc.com/en/products/cad/creo/creo-5-sneak-peek

Any feedback is very welcome and would be appreciated as a reply to the sneak-peek post describing the enhancement linked above.

thanks and best regards...Martin