Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro/Toolkit: please restore functionality of pro_compute_volume function

Pro/Toolkit: please restore functionality of pro_compute_volume function

Per call C10952765 : Cannot find volume of the solid volume due to removal pro_compute_volume() function...

PTC tech support reply:

First of all, I apologize for the time taken.

The only way I see which may help us in this case is, build the application after including the prodevelop includes and libraries from Creo Elements/Pro 5.0. Please ignore if you are already aware of this.

I suggest you to submit an Product Idea requesting equivalent function(mentioning the use case) in order to evaluate this functionality for future releases by PTC product management.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/misc/PTC_Product_Ideas.jsp

Regards.

5 Comments
Moonstone

In which release did PTC remove this function?

Also, isn't there an equivalent function in the Object Toolkit?

Peridot

Hello all,

Pro/Develop was retired sometime in Creo, pro_compute_volume is in prodevelop library.

The function was replaced with ProFitInterferencevolumeCompute. Unfortunatelly the replacement function works with interference volumes only while pro_compute_volume would work with any closed quilt. There is no function ( to my knowledge) in Pro/Toolkit or Object Toolkit to calculate the volume of a closed quilt.

Thanks.

Feliks.

Gravel

Would ProQuiltVolumeEval work for you Feliks?

Peridot

Hi all,

Patrick, the function ProQuiltVolumeEval was added to Pro/Toolkit sometime ago. It had solved the API gap.

Feliks.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived