Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Option - Need Shrink-Wrap Geometry Published as Model Geometry

Publishing Option - Need Shrink-Wrap Geometry Published as Model Geometry

Our large assemblies in Pro-E often include shrink-wrap objects of supplier assemblies like engines, transmissions and aftertreatment devices.  When looking at these large assemblies in Creo View, we have to toggle on "construction surface geometry" to see these objects treated as Model Geometry in our Pro-E assemblies.  I'm proposing PTC add a publishing option in the Recipe file to have shrink-wrap geometry published as Model Geometry.

The two images below show the issue with the settings.  I need a solution that shows the aftertreatment device(shrink-wrap) without seeing the red construction surfaces in the floor(items circled).   Also Reference PTC case 11068618.

issue-with-geometry.jpg

issue-without-geometry.jpg 

4 Comments
Aquamarine

The compare function does not work with Shrink-wrap parts either. Creo View 3.1 F0000 thinks these are identical.

compare-shrinkwrap.JPG

Aquamarine

As currently designed, shrink-wrap geometry CAN NOT be viewed on Creo View Mobile because it doesn't have filters like the desktop version to turn on this type of data.

Creo View Mobile - Model Construction Geometry Surfaces

Aquamarine

I've also confirmed that Thingworx Studio(version 1.8) and thus any Augmented Reality experiences for Mobile does not have a solution for Shrinkwrap.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged