Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Information Framework (QIF) export from Creo Parametric

Quality Information Framework (QIF) export from Creo Parametric

This is an enhancement request to support the export of QIF files from Creo Parametric.

We typically use STEP or some other type of neutral file to feed our downstream processes.  Those formats do work, but looking forward we think the QIF format may provide some additional benefits because it's XML-based.  Computers love to read XML.

As of this date, we are on Creo Parametric 4, but I still have not seen any mention of QIF export up through Creo Parametric 7.  Maybe PTC can comment if they have a plan.

Now, this may suggestion may already exist.  I did do a few different searches on PTC Community, but didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Keith

PS for those sharp-eyed folks out there, I mistakenly created a "topic" first and not an "idea."  So, you may see both.  This is the "idea" that I'd like PTC to look at.

3 Comments
Chris3
19-Tanzanite

PTC is aware of the standard and they are aware that users want it but as far as I am aware there is no current roadmap to implement it. For the time being, PTC is supporting AP242. AP242 is talking about incorporating some of the same features that you get with QIF although the step committee is not a quick moving one.

cgourru-2
5-Regular Member

Here another post on same topic: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Data-Exchange/Import-QIF/m-p/550413/highlight/true#M5953

It should be integrated in the PTC roadmap

cgourru-2
5-Regular Member

I do not understand why QIF is not supported by PTC.

QIF is an ANSI standard and since August 2020 recognize by International Standards Organization (ISO 23952:2020)

It should be supported by PTC, as it by Dassault System, AutoDesk, and all other competitors