cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ReEvaluating 'By Rule' Simplified Representations

ReEvaluating 'By Rule' Simplified Representations

Simplified representations (Simp. Reps.) set by rule condition (just for an example: PTC_WM_LOCATION=="/Libraries/") are not automatically reEvaluated when the contents of an assembly changes.

When defining these kind of Simp. Reps. on an existing assembly - it works OK!
But, when adding or removing Windchill Library components ,these Simp. reps are not changed, accordingly!

This behavior leads to errors when exporting to a Creo View PVZ file, as the output file show incorrect content when switching to see the Simp. Rep.

My Suggestion for PTC

Adding a new config option:
Enabling this option would pop up a message for the user each time he saves an assembly with Rules Conditioned Simp. Rep. to a PVZ Creo View file.
The user is prompted for a specific Simp. Rep. that might be compromised, because it is driven by Rule Conditions.
The user is asked if he wants that Simp. Rep to be auto ReEvaluated, and only then the file saved to the PVZ File.

2 Comments
MichaelToledano
12-Amethyst

Originally, I posted a customer case 15394576 regarding this issue and was answered by R&D that:

Unfortunately, all examined possible solutions were not possible to apply due to regression or performance issues.

The R&Ds came to conclusion that user should activate Simp Rep having Rules applied once before performing Save As->PVZ in order to get correct viewable.
When provided config option is set, even Creo needs to activate simp rep in order to update its information and hence we are not getting updated information.
So, the Provided workflow from R&D is to activate the Simp Rep before performing a Save.

So, I'm suggesting PTC to add a a config.pro option, as I described above.

MichaelToledano
12-Amethyst

Hi all, 

I have just been informed about a Customer Support  article regarding this issue:

CS326628 

So, now, if enough designers will upvote this idea, it will be considered to be implemented.

Regards