1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Aerospace Test Equipment.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Floor reflections and shadows are distracting to me in an editing environment. The floor is not a design entity, and I have datums and model geometry that are sufficient to communicate scene orientation, so those particular visual effects do not add value to my editing process. I have created a mapkey to turn off floor reflections and shadows.
This setting does not have persistence outside of the model, session, or scene change, so the cognitive dissonance and tedium of invoking a mapkey to perform a setting that is "default" to my working environment is ever-present.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Visualization.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Small, but frequently-experienced reductions of "friction" (cognitive load, repetitive stress) in toolchain UX, aggregated over time, have tangible value.