cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Security Alert Log4j Security Vulnerability. Click here to know more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculate blends automatically even with Chain off

Recalculate blends automatically even with Chain off

There are a lot of situations where you want to select an edge to blend, but do not want to use the "Chain" option. In the example below, only the blue edge is to be blended, but the blend intersection on the left should be recalculated. With "Chain" off, the "Affected Control" is set to "Auto", but the adjacent blends are not set to be recalculated.blend_no_chain1.JPG

The default with "Auto" for "Affected Control" should be to recalculate the blends at that corner.

6 Comments
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Another example of when to not use "Chain" is when you want different blend radii on the edges. With "Chain" on, all edges are not only selected, but given the same blend radius-and as far as I can tell, there is no way to specify a different radii for some.

bhug
5-Regular Member

Hi Peter, which version you are currently using, since with version 18.0 we already provided additional flxibility. e.g. when selecting a chained edge, chain off can be clicked (option mini toolbar) to only select the picked edge and with affected control you have further possibility to control the result.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Berthold,

I mostly use version 17, but I have version 18.1 installed as well. I see that the Chain option and the Affected Control options are on the mini-toolbar in version 18.1. But the problem remains-that the blends are not automatically recalculated if Chain is off. The example above produced the same result-the only difference was that I could use the option mini-toolbar instead of the normal dialog.blend_no_chain2.JPG

bhug
5-Regular Member

Peter, I'm not sure if I got you right. In your second example you mentioned that it is not possible to specify different radii withou chain off. In my example shown below I used Affected Control  "Max" to get the shown result. If you would like to achieve something differnt please take a sketch and place it here. Thanksblend_chain_off.jpg

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Berthold,

The result you show is what I expect. I just don't want to have to manually set the Affected Control to Max just to get it since I would not have to do that if all the radii were the same. I don't understand why the affected blends (which will be recalculated) should vary depending on whether Chain is on or off.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived