Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reproduction of part color in drawing

Reproduction of part color in drawing

Hi,

I would like to have a feature that would allow colors assigned to a part/assembly to appear in the 2D drawing. This would be helpful for clients to see parts that are part of a large assembly, which might otherwise be difficult to spot in a 2 D Black and white drawing. Thanks !

Cheers,

Avinash

8 Comments
Dale_Rosema
22-Sapphire I

Sai Avinash Revanur

You may want to vote on your own idea....   

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

Does "Colors come from" option do what you want? If not you way want to add more detail.

srevanur
1-Newbie

Awesome Wayne Schrock‌! You helped me solve an issue which the product support wasn't able to accomplish! Thanks a lot!

Dale_Rosema
22-Sapphire I

Toby Metcalf

Current functionality?

AmitDeshpande
18-Opal

You can show the color of the model also by displaying the drawing view in Shaded display.

The Model:

model.jpg

The Drawing:

view_properties.jpg     drawing.jpg

Thanks,

Amit

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

Thanks for bringing this to our attentionDale Rosema‌ and the answer Amit Deshpande

Best,

Toby

srevanur
1-Newbie

Does anyone know how to set the "Colors come from" property to "model" as default? What is the name given to it in the .dtl file?

StephenWilliams
22-Sapphire III

Although it seems like it would be a simple option, I don't believe they have that option in the drawing setup or the config.pro.

I personally wouldn't use it except in a few rare cases due to the fact that my plotter pen widths are based on colors and that would make a mess of my drawings. But it seems like a valid option to have.

Maybe that would be the product idea you should submit...Add the option to set colors from model in the drawing as default.