Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reproduction of part color in drawing

Reproduction of part color in drawing

Hi,

I would like to have a feature that would allow colors assigned to a part/assembly to appear in the 2D drawing. This would be helpful for clients to see parts that are part of a large assembly, which might otherwise be difficult to spot in a 2 D Black and white drawing. Thanks !

Cheers,

Avinash

8 Comments
Topaz II

Sai Avinash Revanur

You may want to vote on your own idea....   

Amethyst

Does "Colors come from" option do what you want? If not you way want to add more detail.

Awesome Wayne Schrock‌! You helped me solve an issue which the product support wasn't able to accomplish! Thanks a lot!

Topaz II

Toby Metcalf

Current functionality?

You can show the color of the model also by displaying the drawing view in Shaded display.

The Model:

model.jpg

The Drawing:

view_properties.jpg     drawing.jpg

Thanks,

Amit

Opal

Thanks for bringing this to our attentionDale Rosema‌ and the answer Amit Deshpande

Best,

Toby

Does anyone know how to set the "Colors come from" property to "model" as default? What is the name given to it in the .dtl file?

Sapphire II

Although it seems like it would be a simple option, I don't believe they have that option in the drawing setup or the config.pro.

I personally wouldn't use it except in a few rare cases due to the fact that my plotter pen widths are based on colors and that would make a mess of my drawings. But it seems like a valid option to have.

Maybe that would be the product idea you should submit...Add the option to set colors from model in the drawing as default.