1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 126.96.36.199
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Reference:
We import a lot of cad models into Creo; whether for OEM/ODM designs, libraries, vendor tooling designs, etc...
Sometimes we get import failures, which flag specific parameters in the part as Failed, the part goes red, and the notification center has a failure. If we delete the failed feature, the model is still in a failed state. We can't reset the part's state even by deleting the failed feature!
According to R&D:
Model parameter gets set due to import validation error after first retrieval. And this model level parameter cannot be deleted.
There is no mechanism to remove model level parameters when a feature is deleted. These model level parameters are not user deleteable by the user because they are system owned.
It was not a workflow that was considered that a user would import a model, and then delete the imported data and then insert a new import feature.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Sometimes we import a feature and it fails. We try to fix it, but we can not. Instead, we may try some other techniques which could include deleting the feature. In this case, the error should be removed.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
This avoids us rebuilding imported parts, just to remove the failed status that should no longer exist. It saves, time and frustration for a simple fix.