Improvement required in Creo Parametric for retrieving and linking files with assembly and drawing.
Currently to retrieve the files from different folder is through search_path_file config option through search.pro file or from adding search_path config option.
This needs to be improved by directly linking the files from where they are saved. Same functionality is there with other well known CAD tools like Solidworks, Inventor, Solidedge.
In Creo Everytime we open assembly the models failes to retrieve if search_path config or search_path_file is not set. Also if models are renamed without opening assembly or drawing, assembly and drawing fails.
For file auto retrieval in Creo there should be some config option to control this behavior
retrieve_files_from (default value -> file directory) (options to set-> from directory, search_path_file(for legacy users), search_path(for legacy users))
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (questions below). The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present the best case possible to the product management team for consideration.
I also invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
1. We are PTC Channel partner. I am Technical Manager in the company named Bluechip Infocorp Pvt. Ltd.
2. We are working on different Creo versions from Creo 2.0 to Creo 8.0 based on the clients requirement for support.
3. There are certain customer of us to whom we support on CREO. they have moved to Creo from Solidedge, they are asking about some settings to be made in the software to work as mentioned in the product idea.
4. Above mentioned idea is one of the few things where we believe Creo can improve.
5. Due to this limitation, we are about to lost one upcoming renewal and ultimately the efforts that we have put in that account to close will go in vain and it is ultimately loss to PTC also (it may not be significant loss to PTC, but there might be some other PTC partners, who are on same page as we on such competitive objections).
Thank you for your idea and the information you provided.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.