1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. CAD Designer, product evaluation. MBD and Digital Thread adoption. DOD contractor
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
STEP AP242 creation using Creo with native Creo model files: DRV_DIM's lose all parameter values found in native Creo part file dimension parameters.
Semantic view of DRV_DIM shows value and tolerance but this only a symbol and cannot be machine read.
Adoption of CREO STEP file process as a neutral file format requires at minimum dimension value, tolerance values and tol type data be retained in STEP AP242 parameters.
Competitor products are able to do this and it is a critical requirement for adoption.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Adoption of STEP AP242 as neutral file for PMI data exchange with customers and business units using different CAD and PLM systems.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Ability to move away from 2D CAD drawings, adoption of MBD and Digital Thread technology, a controlled method of IP protection and PMI data exchange.