1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Our Industry is the manufacturer of machinery for complete bottling solutions like water bottle blowing machine, filling machine, labelling machine and shrink wrapping machine.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo Parametric 9.0
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. While saving a large assembly to another directory for designing a new variant of that machine, the assemblies and parts will be saved with the rename that we give. But the instances of the parts and their drawings are not created and saved. This takes lots of time wasting to create the instances again with rename and to do drafting again.
The common solution given currently is to backup it and rename it. How is it possible for thousands of components in a machine?
Another one solution is to save as individual parts. This is also time consuming and assembly fails, references fails and to reconstruct it.
The final solution given is to rename and copy it. We have to open thousands of drawings in one session opening every single drawing one by one. There is also a limit to open number of drawings in a session. Even though there is no limit, it is very time consuming.
4. What is the solution or idea suggested? We are asking to combine two solutions into one. 1) Save as Option will work fine for assembly and parts by renaming them with drawings and saving them.
2) If we save as only one number of part the instances and drawing file is saved.
What we are suggesting is to combine these to and while saving the assembly and parts, let they be saved 1) with rename,
2) with drawings and
3) with instances in the family table and also with their associated drawing files.
This will save lot of time for many industries while they are planning to design a new machine variant in the same category and want the name to different and the component is same shape except their size and simple modifications in some part as it is absolute necessary.