Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Feature

Scale Feature

Make it possible for the scale model operation to become a feature.  This allows us to easily modify the scale back and forth for something that needs to retain a history of it's original dimensions by having a feature in the model tree that modifies how much the model has been scaled.

This wouldn't replace the existing scale model function but would just allow an option for it to become a feature.

Example: a complex mold needs to have two representations: room temperature, and a thermally expanded version.  With a scaled model feature we could make a family table that represents the two cases without having to create complex offsets that may fail, not become a true representation of the geometry if it has small features, or modify hundreds of dimensions.

10 Comments
Topaz II

This feature does exist, but it's only available in the tool design package.  I agree, it'd be nice to have it in the base package.

Oh, and you might want to vote on your idea.

Completely forgot!  Thanks for the heads up Doug.

you have Shrinkage Feature (in Mold) that can do Scale and even more ... just need Mold license.

Moonstone

What? You forgot to vote for your own idea ...

then you also must vote up that one as a punishment:

When creating a new product idea, it automatically adds a positive vote for the creator.

Ok, I deserved that...and voted

But I'll make up for it:

Happens that I don't have the required license to try a shrinkage feature but I found out that you can create a warp feature and under the transform/scale type you can scale to an exact size and it remains as a feature.

If you have a shrink feature in part template you can edit it even without mold. Try it!

This would help me a lot with heat treatment tooling, I could then drive the scaling based upon what materials and temperatures are going to be handled. I currently record the calculation information in an annotation.

Topaz II
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged