cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PTC Community email address has changed to community-mailer@ptc.com. Learn more.

Selecting layers in an assembly should highlight all the features that are within the layer

Selecting layers in an assembly should highlight all the features that are within the layer

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

Industry - High End Electronics

Role - CAD Admin

Stakeholders - Engineering, downstream teams, vendors, etc.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When selecting a layer it currently only highlights the features in the first assembled instance in the assembly.  As seen in the screenshot below when selecting the planes layer only the top version of the same parts features are highlighted.  When the layer is hidden all of the planes are still hidden.

JGinden_0-1651863957624.png

4. What is the use case for your organization?
When trying to inspect parts selecting the layer to make sure everything is included per company practices and if not all the features are highlighted it can be confusing to see only half of the features selected when they all still are within the layer.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
It would eliminate confusion when checking what is in a layer within a large assembly with multiple of the same components in many different locations.

7 Comments
jwagh
16-Pearl

This is a surprising and should be fixed. This is a basic GUI issue.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hello @JGinden ,
Thank you for your idea and the information provided.

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

Hi @JGinden 

Thanks for posting this. I agree with @jwagh : it sounds more like a bug that needs to be fixed than an enhancement request. I'm going to forward this along to our development team to see what we can do here.

Luke

jwagh
16-Pearl

Thanks @lwestbrook

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

@JGinden The team agrees that it's a bug. Could you open a Tech Support case so that we can track and fix the bug? I can have it created internally, but if there's a customer case attached to it, it will increase the visibility. Once you've opened the case, please either post the case number here or DM me so that I can track it. 

JGinden
7-Bedrock

@lwestbrook I already opened a case and was told to create this enhancement idea as a result.  You can see Case 16376187 for more information,

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

That's not good. Sorry about that. Let me dig into it further, then.