Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set metric config.pro during installation as was possible in Wildfire 5

Set metric config.pro during installation as was possible in Wildfire 5

Wildfire 5 allowed you to Select units as English or Metric during installation. This set the config.pro accordingly. This was an excellent and long overdue enhancement as it's amazing how many users were unaware they were working in imperial units if using "out the box".

Could this be reinstated for future installations of Creo?

3 Comments

All the installation choice did was to copy the pre-set config files from the txt directory to the used current config options.  I wouldn't want the installation doing that on an update once I have my own config.pro/sup files in my installation.  I would recommend that you just look at the files in the text folder and you can add your own settings to your own config files to set the units for your company.

Fully aware of this and it can depend on where you keep your company configs. It can be kept in your start-in folder or a script used to copy it from a config folder on starting Pro/ENGINEER.

But there are a lot of companies I've come across who do not have their own configs and many who are blissfully unaware of the config.pro file's actual existence. Some who are working away quite happily and then find out they are not working in the correct units.

Wildfire 5 was the only release which actually created a config.pro file and I believe was beneficial to those less aware of the admin side of the application

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived