Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup path of Creo "...\Common Files\Mxxx" subfolders

Setup path of Creo "...\Common Files\Mxxx" subfolders

Good morning all,

my proposal concer setup path of most important folder for Creo Parametric (and others modules) configuration and maintenance : "Common Files" subfolders like "text" , "modchk" , "graphic-library" , "prodevelop" , "mech" , "symbols" , "tol_tables" , .............................  .

These folders contain all of the most important files for configuration and maintenance of Creo tools and module!

Usually they are located in "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mxxx\...."  but in this way the position of config files cange each time a new built is installed!

Why don't you remove "Mxxx" folder level from "...\Common Files\" giving to configuration folders/files the same path in each built?

Thanks,

BR

7 Comments
Vincent-Kulak
Aquamarine

Common conf folder would be great

TomU
Emerald II

Common files means it's common to all of the different Creo products at that build, NOT that it is common to all builds.  These files are shared by Creo Parametric, Creo Simulate, etc. but definitely need to change between builds.

AndyHermanson
Amethyst

Also this has been changed for Creo 3.0

Creo3_folders.png

Creo 3.0 also gives you the option to install the new builds along side the current build. So you can have both an M010 or M020 build and have them both work in the same directory. Or you can choose to overwrite the current build.

Vincent-Kulak
Aquamarine

Template, pro files , ui files .... are mostly the same for each build. This is discutable.

whu-2

Including datecode info in installation file path is no mearnlingless for us at all. I don't know why PTC product manager add such an enhancement??

creodential
Participant

I would'nt call this behavior of creo an "enhancement". Compared to WF administering the deployment of a new built is a nightmare, because of the datecode in the paths and files (*.psf).

Thanks to that, we all have to switch at three locations on the same day, or rather I have to host the routines and files for at least two versions, old and new.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived