1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
I work in collaboration with a design for manufacturing group. My task is to list some rules established in order to avoid some manufacturing problem when we design particularly in sheet metal.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
I am currently running creo parametric 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
My goal was to automate sheet metal rules in creo parametric in order to have some errors or warnings displayed automatically when we don't respect rules established.
I have already searched some sheet metal rules in model properties in the sheet metal module but the verification is manual through the window "model information" where we have design rule-violation check.
I have also found the tool "check rule" in files>prepare after previously added relation like MC_MODEL_TYPE ='sheetmetal' but it only display some added rules. Those rules haven't any effects in the model.
So I suggest the automation of the sheetmetal rules through "Model check " or a mapkey to create automatically the verification of rules.
Furthermore, if it is possible you can add other rules or let user add other rules. You can also categorize some existing rules like minimal distance between rectangular hole and bound , between circular hole and bound etc...
For example of rules I want to add: "if the length of a rectangular hole is superior to 15*thickness, the minimal distance between hole and bound is 5*thickness"
4. What is the use case for your organization?
This allows some designers to apply some design rules established inside the organization in sheet metal.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
This represents the design quality