1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Reference:
In our PCB Board start-part, we have ecad areas for the annular rings around PCB mounting holes. These ecad keep outs are on the top and bottom of the PCB. We create an ecad area on one side, referencing the hole. Then we create the ecad area on the second side and reference the first ecad area. We group the 2 areas and reference pattern it to the PCB holes. This works great in the regular part mode. However, in the ECAD module (which is using the sheetmetal code), it doesn't work! According to PTC and R&D, ECAD areas that use projected curves cannot be reference patterned. This seems like a full-on bug to me. If it works fine in one module, yet it doesn't in the other, that can cause frustration and confusion with the user-base. Can we get this fixed? See attached for sample files.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Our organization designs hundreds of products a year, all with PCBs. We are trying to extend our usage to the ECAD module, but we keep on hitting bugs, like this one, that prevents us from using it the way we need.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would get us closer to use the ECAD module, which would bring benefit to our organization, whether through the IDX collaboration standard, or it's ECAD capabilities.