Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Datum Planes "as glass"

Show Datum Planes "as glass"

ASGLASS.pngMany years ago I used Pro/Desktop PTC software - it was really good. UI was very intuitive and user friendly! There was an option to show all workplanes - datum planes "as glass" - it means all datum planes have light green clolur with high level of transparency. As a result of that user can see better where the datums interfere with the geometry. It is posible to obtain similar result using Fill, but I think If we'll have just a checkbox in the context menu for Datum Plane feature to see it "as glass" - will be really great!

9 Comments
Amethyst

In Creo it is posible to see the result using e.g Fill, but it is time consuming...

Fillasglass.PNG

Amethyst

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

Topaz II

I like it, but I'd prefer it to be a config option.  SW uses this and with many planes it gets to be too much.  Of course, many planes in Creo gets to be too much too.

Also I don't want the names on the planes, keep them parallel to the screen.  As you turn the model, the text gets foreshortened and you can't read it.  The lower of the two images above starts to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Amethyst

‌I think it can be also an idea if under RMB in context menu over feature DTM in model tree will be an option with check box to choose on or off for show as glass - what do you think?

Amethyst

‌thanks Steven you refresh this topic because I lost hope that someone is interested about my ideas! Now the hope is again in my heart

Alexandrite

DTM_glass.png

Amethyst

I think this is only idea how it can look - right Sergey?

By the way the idea is good

Moonstone

While I like this idea, I also have a concern, as Doug mentioned before.

How will the display of MANY datum planes be handled?  I am thinking of a medium to large assembly with lots of components.  You can easily end up with dozens and dozens of datum planes.

I see the following options:

1. Leave glass planes shown. (Possible performance hit.)
  2. Manually switch off glass planes to regular display.
  3. Automatically switch off glass planes somehow based on number of planes shown or another factor.
  4. Have a setting for both assemblies and components that allow the display to be set independently.
  5. Others...

Regardless of the method to control the glass plane display,  I think there will have to be some options given to the end user to control it.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged