Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Model Annotations should include a filter for better selections

Show Model Annotations should include a filter for better selections

The Show Model Annotations should include a filter for better selections.

For example, if you want to show axis of a subpart inside an assembly drawing, you would need to click on the part in order to show up, instead of clicking the view. The view only shows the top-level datums, dimensions, etc. There is an option that specifies top-level or all. However, I think it should be more intuitive to users what they are selecting and what they want to show. For instance, controlling layers can be done by drawing, view, model, etc; where there is a drop-down. Here there is no drop-down. The only selection process that I am aware of is toggling through the mouse selection and clicking models/features in the model tree.

2 Comments
JimTVancouverCa
1-Newbie

Have you tried the Find function accessible via keyboard command: Control+F

This brings up a powerful find tool where you can select based on almost any criteria of which you can imagine.  Perhaps experimenting with that will be a more efficient process?

jwagh
16-Pearl

The suggestion was to make it more intuitive. I don't have a problem with it, but many other users here are expecting certain things to show when they click on the view and are getting confused. I personally use the model tree.