cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simple hole notes

Simple hole notes

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
I am an engineer designing resistance welders.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

We are now running 8.0.1.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When creating a simple hole, there are no notes associated with the hole that come up with the Show Model Annotations button in a drawing, unlike standard holes.  Given that even a simple hole has a diameter parameter and a depth or thru option, I would guess that there is a parameter associated with those that could be put into a note that would be parametric to the hole feature.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
We create parts with holes and create detail  drawings for them.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Time-saving when creating drawings.

5 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

olivierlp
Community Manager

Hello, 

Thank you for your idea and the information you provided.

mneumueller
17-Peridot
Status changed to: Delivered

Creo 10.0 now allows for parameters and hole notes to be created for simple holes.

see https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/whats_new_pma/core_standard_params_notes_simple_holes.html#

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock

I was looking into this problem today and found a roundabout solution using Creo 7.

1) Create a Simple Hole on location with the depth and diameter you want.

MShuler_0-1699538287830.png

2) In the Annotate Tab select Show Annotations from the Manage Annotations section. Pick Dimensions from the Show Annotations dialog box. Select the simple hole you want to add your note too. Select the dimensions you want in the note from the dialog box. Click OK.

MShuler_1-1699538527013.png

3) Now I change from dimensions to dimension name with the Tools Tab and Switch Dimensions option.

MShuler_2-1699538662386.png

4) Right click the Simple Hole in the Model Tree, select Create a Note - Feature.

MShuler_3-1699538738351.png

5) In the Text Editor dialog box type in the note you want. In this case I am specifying the diameter of the hole and the depth.

MShuler_4-1699538872136.png

6) Now there is a note embedded into the Simple Hole in the Model Tree. Right click this note and select Change Note Type - Leader Note.

MShuler_6-1699539045426.png

7) Right click the edge of the hole to place your leader, Middle Click in space to place the note.

MShuler_7-1699539187790.png

😎 We have no need for the original dimension annotations now, so I right click and delete them.

MShuler_8-1699539237108.png

9) We now have a parametric note linked to this simple hole. I am most likely going to be making a Mapkey to handle most of these steps and speed up the process.

10) The note can also be called up in a drawing using the Show Model Annotations dialog box. And if you make a Feature Parameter type "Note" you can even have this note show up in a hole table, if you want.

MShuler_10-1699539421084.png

MShuler_11-1699539678058.png

JiffiPop
11-Garnet

This functionality should already be built into Creo...  😞