Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart motion type on the Move tab during mates

Smart motion type on the Move tab during mates

When mating parts to an assembly, sometimes you need to translate, rotate, orient mode, and/or adjust.

When 5 of the 6 degrees of freedom have been fixed by the defined mates, could the move tab realize that and automatically adjust so that if you need to rotate a feature (need to have a large difference in angle for angle align) that rotate is selected versus translate.

Or if the last desgree of freedom is fixed on an axis that it would default to translate.

Thanks, Dale

4 Comments
Peridot

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a mechanism mate consider itself fully contrained.

It is a real bother having to constantly regenrate the assembly just to be able to save it just becasue I dragged a component or ran the motion profile.

Peridot

I also had trouble adding a constant angle to a pinned component.  It only offered distance or coincident.  I wonder if this limitation is a related oversight.  It follows all logic; just doesn't provide the option.

Topaz II

Is one of your constraints  - Insert? If not, I am not sure you can you and constant angle constraint. I find that old component that had two cylindrical surfaces mated, will not allow constant angle whereas if I delete the mate and change it to insert, it works.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived