Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step export of simplified representation

Step export of simplified representation

if i have a simplified representation from an assembly, it should be possible, to export this presentation in step format, only simplified.

Espacially if there is a subassembly, with an excluded part and an material cut in the subassembly, and the same subassembly with that included part the export of this presentation excludes all parts.

In that case the Export will be incorrect!

Only if i exclude the first subassembly, the export will be correct.

see STEP_SUB.zip

8 Comments
Emerald I

No, it isn't! We have already set this Option, the result is the same as described!

We talk not about blanked entities or parts we talk about excluded parts in simplified representations, espacilly with material cut in the subassembly.

For more detailed information please see:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=SPR Viewer&n=CS251200

CS251200

Emerald I

I'm not able to replicate the problem you're having.  I can create a simplified rep. and then create a step file and only the visible entities go into it.  I even tried making assembly level cuts.  No change.  Still exported fine.  Do you have a sample assembly that demonstrates the problem that you could upload?  By the way, the testing I did was with Creo 3.0 M120.

Hi Tom,

i have customized the description and uploaded a zip file.

you can also see on PTC CASE CS251200

Sapphire II

Yes, I get the error now.  Is this due to assembly cut primarily or the combination of assembly cut and simplified reps and sub assembly used more than once?

It is only in combination of assembly cut and simplified reps and sub assembly used more than once!

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged