cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Switch between two active windows without exiting from sketcher

Switch between two active windows without exiting from sketcher

It would be great if you could have more than one active sketch window open, so you could flip between two models while still in the sketch window on both models.

Currently you have to cancel out of sketcher (or it forces you to) and switch to the other model and go back into the sketch to interigate. Then cancel again and switch windows and go back into the sketch again. I find myself on complicated features going back and forth numerous times to see what the references are, or write down all the dimensions that I need to copy. It has got better in Creo 3, as if you are lucky it highlights the missing references (edges in a round feature) so its clear what your original intention was. Solidworks allows you to switch between different windows with open sketches with ease, its makes life alot easier.

2 Comments
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

tim hone

You may want to vote on your own idea....   

Thanks, Dale

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.