The PTC Community email address has changed to email@example.com. Learn more.
The RIBBON User Interface can look easy because it looks like the Microsoft Powerpoint UI
but the Current Ribbon implementation for Creo has many disadvantages.
1. takes too much screen space because of the Tab Names, the Group names and the fact that
it is not possible to customize the number of rows to 2 or even 1 instead of the current 3 rows.
2. The possibility to Select Items in the Graphics Window depends on the selected Tab and this
reduces the flexibility and introduces frustration for the users.
3. For many kind of tasks, the Ribbon requires More Mouse clicks compared to the Wildfire 4 menu's.
4. With the Ribbon, it is not possible to have the Message lines above the Graphics.
5. The Quick Access toolbar Icons are too small and cannot be enlarged a little bit, for example
to the same size as the Icons in the Wildfire 4 menus.
6. Customize the Ribbon is not user friendly and takes much more time compared to WF4.
7. There is totally no reason, no need and no added value of 'Commands Not in the ribbon'
I like the way AutoCAD has implemented this: Users can switch to any interface the software has ever used. This preserves their productivity until they decide to try the new interface, if ever.
We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.
You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.
Thank you for your participation.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.