1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I work on the design side of commercial HVAC and am in the process of generating customer drawings with multiple options.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo 4
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. We would like to create drawings that have layers with multiple customer options built in. This way, rather than create an entirely different assembly we can turn on and off the layers as needed to build different product configurations. Currently if exporting the drawing with all layers turned on results in major geometry loss making the drawings unusable.
4. What is the use case for your organization? The drawings are currently taken by changing the layers and exporting 14 different dxfs into AutoCAD. The dxfs are then pasted on top of one another and combined into a single drawing.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? The current process takes several hours and is extremely tedious. AutoCAD also takes longer to save since it has to process 14 layers of the same thing with only minor variance.