cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There should be a pre/post macro possibility when updating Drafting titleblock with Windchill WGM

There should be a pre/post macro possibility when updating Drafting titleblock with Windchill WGM

@

Currently there's no opening when updating a Drafting titleblock using the Windchill Workgroup Manager.

Something simple as putting the drawing scale in the titleblock is therefore not possible.

In WorkManager/Model Manager, you had a macro updating the titleblock.

You had the possibility to edit/overwrite the macro so you could perform actions before or after the titleblock update.

This could be used for example to retrieve the Drawing Scale, and put an extra attribute to the "tb" textreference table (now "WTtr").

This attribute would then be automatically filled in the titleblock.

4 Comments
Gravel

Drafting (aka ME10) as well as Annotation are still executing Macro Code, so you should be able to

find the "right" Macro by tracing Macros.

Of course, it would be desirable to have *documented* Interfaces to do what you describe.

Granite

Hi Max,

I know this is the case for Model Manager and Design Management.

But for the WGM with Windchill/Drafting, this is not the case.

When you trace, you will see that no macros are started at all, even a TR_UPDATE is not visible.

I logged a case at PTC Support and they confirmed.

So please vote!

Regards, Wim.

Gravel

Well, reminds me about the fact that the "MVL = Multi Version Load" of CED Modeling V17 and later is completely implemented in C++

whereas the "LOAD_SD" and other commands where implemented in LISP before - so it was possible to trace a load operation

via LISP trace (to find out "SYSIDs" causing a Problem).

Since Modeling V17 the whole logic is done inside C++ and a problem with loading a 3D Assembly is very hard to troubleshoot.

It appears that a similar change was done for Drafting (ME10) and Annotation - with the given result that no customizations are possible vor VARs.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged