Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle “datum display set” [datum plane label] display on-off

Toggle “datum display set” [datum plane label] display on-off

Often in an assembly the display of datum display tags clutter the screen.  It seems to be an oversight that you cannot toggle their display off just as you can for datum planes, axii, points etc. It would be nice to be able to see the product you are designing and not just datum plane and their tags. 

These tags are not controlled by layers, current work method is to manually edit each datum's properties [3+ for many components], and if you do this then you ruin their use as reference datums in drawings. These datums only need to be displayed for a fraction of the life of a part file.

10 Comments
Dan_Harlan

You mean the annotation element display icon?

Creo 2.0:

8-21-2014+12-31-19+PM.png

Wildfire 4.0:

SNAG-1001.png

StephenWilliams
Sapphire II

I think this is the same as this idea

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2066

cruf

>You mean the annotation element display icon?

No, i mean the datum display icon [I tried annotation display and maybe that icon should also control this].  It is only edited via the plane's properties.  Attached image shows it on a single simple part.  When you have hundreds of these displayed all at once on a complex assembly you cannot see your assembly.datum_display_set2.PNG

NicolasBourgeoi1
Aquamarine

I agree with you, it should be possible to simply hide these references. Here is the documentation (in French ... sorry) we have given to the users when migrating to Creo 2.0.

3type01.jpg

3type02.jpg

3type3.jpg

GabrielZaha
Garnet

The functionalty you request is already available on View Tab / Show group.

tag_display.jpg

cruf

>The functionalty you request is already available on View Tab / Show group.

I think Gagriel is misunderstanding by referring to toggling "Plane Tag Display" it does not control datum planes when the Datum Display Set is set on.

See attached images - these prove that this view control Does control the display of tags on regular datum planes, but Not when the Datum Display Set is set on.

planetagdisplay1.PNGplanetagdisplay2.PNGplanetagdisplay3.PNG

What I am suggesting is to add a control to this group that did toggle these [either a new function or add it to the existing control].

cruf

>I agree with you, it should be possible to simply hide these references. Here is the >documentation (in French ... sorry) we have given to the users when migrating to Creo 2.0.

Does anyone have the English version of this?  or know where this comes from?

NicolasBourgeoi1
Aquamarine

Hi, this documentation was made for our migration to Creo 2.0. I uploaded it to illustrate de difficulty we face when users try to hide datum planes of different types.

cruf

SOLUTION:

I was able to get the following technique to work [Thanks to Samarth Khandelwal at PTC]. What was missing in previous attempts was the “Shown Datum Plane” filter that nobody found before. I was able to use this rule editor filter to create a layer by rule in the assembly and turn off the display of the many distracting set datums.

Create new layer, “01_SET_DATUM_PLANES”   rules/ options set associative, independent, rules enabled

Edit rules / Look for “Shown Datum Plane” / include submodels checked/ preview results / Options / Save Query [different name than previous new layer] 01_SET_DATUM_PLANES_RULE/ ok-finish

You get 2 new layers, you can turn off the “Rule” layer to control plane display.

CTRL+R to refresh screen.

Alternate technique:

Might be able to use a CTRL+F search for "Shown Datum Planes" and then save that query to a single layer instead of 2 layers.

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: Acknowledged