Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Cross Section Capping During Mechanism Playback

Update Cross Section Capping During Mechanism Playback

Please update cross section capping during analysis playback in Mechanism mode.  See attached video (once it's done processing) for an example of how bad this looks today.  Notice how the cross section capping doesn't move with the models.

5 Comments
Fraulini_Giulio
6-Contributor
I think PTC should invest more resources on its multibody... Mechanism needs this and also others kind of enhancements: new features, more usability and better performances.
lwestbrook
15-Moonstone

@TomU Can you try reposting the video? I'm not able to see it.

Luke

TomU
23-Emerald II

@lwestbrook,

There is a problem with this community where it's unable to play videos created in Creo Parametric (6.0).  The community manager is trying to find a solution but nothing so far.  Project Idea boards like this one also prohibit attachments, so I can't directly attach the video either.  😥

I just uploaded the video to YouTube instead.  Try this:

lwestbrook
15-Moonstone

Thanks @TomU , I can see it now. This looks like a bug that needs to be fixed rather than an enhancement. Have you opened a case with tech support?

Luke

TomU
23-Emerald II

No, I assumed that since it's not possible to access cross sections when in Mechanism mode (create them, turn them on and off, etc.) that this was "working to spec."  I'm getting around this today by enabling the desired cross section before entering Mechanism mode.  Of course this means if I want to change which cross section is displayed I have to save the analysis, exit Mechanism mode, activate a different cross section, re-enter Mechanism mode, reload the saved analysis, and start playback again.  Sure would be nice if cross sections were available in Mechanism mode (and automatically updated their capping during playback.)  😉