cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WYSIWYG editor for Toolkit dialogs (Resource files for GUI)

WYSIWYG editor for Toolkit dialogs (Resource files for GUI)

PTC, please provide a WYSIWYG editor for easier creation of Resource files for GUIs!

Using a text editor isn't really modern.

8 Comments
Amethyst

PTC Creo UI Editor 3.0 is available:

Creo UI Editor.png

that's more than satisfying for my apps.

Moonstone

Is this tool available on the PTC download page?

Amethyst

This is a part of Creo 3.0 installation media:

Application Custom Setting.png

Of course, you need the Toolkit license to run this editor.

Moonstone

I'm wondering, why people still can vote for this idea?!

I assume, PTC never read this idea (Does PTC ever read these?) ...

But in the end it's good news for me!

PTC fulfilled my enhancement request by accident.

Amethyst

ptc community is a social network not the technical support, that's all...

Gravel

The PTC/User Customization Technical Committee requested and pushed for the public release of this private PTC R&D tool beginning several years back, 2010 maybe?  Therefore PTC did not fulfill the request by accident.  It was the result of several years of the Customization TC pushing for the need for a visual UI design tool.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Peridot
Status changed to: Current Functionality

As a number of users stated below, this capability was introduced in Creo several releases back in an optional install component called UI Editor.  Through the UI Editor, users can create custom dialogs which can be loaded in Creo.  There are several benefits of utilizing the UI Editor - layout control, standard spacing, standard labels, buttons and functions.  However, one of the key benefits is that the upgrading to new releases of Creo is a breeze.  Meaning, that if buttons, functions are updated in Creo, they will automatically be updated in your dialogs which were created in the UI Editor.  You will not need to create the dialogs from scratch every time, which will help you to adopt the new release and your customizations more quickly.

I would advise checking out the User Guide for the UI Editor available in the resource library for Creo.

Regards,

Mark Fischer

Sr. Director, CAD Product Management