cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When item inside a group has failed, show the group as failed.

When item inside a group has failed, show the group as failed.

When a feature inside of a group has failed the group itself does not indicate it contains a failed feature.  You have to expand the group to see if the failed feature is inside.  If the group that contains the failed feature would also show as a failed feature it would make navigating the model tree much easier when fixing failed features.

12 Comments
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Great idea and an obvious one if you ask me.

Oh, and you might want to vote on your idea too.

ptc-4245467
1-Newbie

You would think if I took the time to create a product idea it would be smart enough to know that I would probably want to vote for it too.  I was going to submit a product idea for the automatic voting but someone already beat me to it.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald II

... but did you vote on the idea?

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2713#

Thanks,

ptc-4245467
1-Newbie

I have cast my vote.

FlorinFaur
3-Visitor

In WF5 and prior, when a component of a group failed, the entire group failed. That made a lot of my coleagues manipulate the behavior of a group through suppressing one of it's components.

With Creo, the behavior changed and I like as it is now. The models are much cleaner.

If the street light is red, then selecting from the search field to show the failed components is an easy task.

Also, if a part in a group failed, what would happened with the not failed parts inside that group? Are those going to fail as well?

SvenR
13-Aquamarine

this should also apply to patterns.

The way that the failing of the feature is shown should be like an arrow so that poeple don't think that the group or the pattern itself has an issue and failed.

greetings

PaulSagar
11-Garnet

This capability is implemented in Creo 3.0

gzhou-2
2-Guest

group_pattern_failed.jpg

Hi Paul, in Creo Parametric 3.0 F000, unable to  display group or pattern as failed when there is failed member or instance in group or pattern referring to picture.  Is this enhancement available in Creo Parametric 3.0 F000, If yes, please kindly guide me to enable it.  Thank you very much.

ljin-2
2-Guest

Hi Paul, this enhancement doesn't work in Creo Parametric 3.0 in my side either. Could you please help to test this on your side? Thank you

PaulSagar
11-Garnet

All,

My apologies for being vague. This capability is targeted for Creo 3.0 M010 with the introduction of the Notification Center.

MT-notifications.png

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

mneumueller
17-Peridot
Status changed to: Delivered

This capability is available. Here 2 model tree snapshots capturing these situations in Creo 7.0

group_patt_fail2.jpggroup_patt_fail1.jpg