Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like Inseparable Assys to be available in "All-levels" BoM's

Would like Inseparable Assys to be available in "All-levels" BoM's

Product Idea raised, as requested by PTC Support - C10793788 - For Modeling/Annotation

Create a multil-level assy that contains an inseperable assemblies in modeling,

Create a drawing of the top level

Create a BOM table (Scan Bom) - for "All Levels"

Issue is that inseperable assys are only recognised in One-level Boms

Enhancement Request is to extend this to All Levels.

=================================================

Additional Details from Support Call with regards to activating One-Level functionality:

There is a switch in Modeling that changes the behavior:

Enter in the command line:

(setq docu::*docu-honor-inseparables-in-bom*  nil)  

Now using Scan Model selecting one level the inseparable assembly is shown, using all level the parts below the inseparable assembly is shown.

Using in the command line:

(setq docu::*docu-honor-inseparables-in-bom*  t)  

this is the default in 17.0 and 18.0 the inseparable assembly is ignored.

=================================================

9 Comments

I'm confused about what you're asking for. It sounds like you're saying in the "Additional Details" area that this already exist - you just have to add the swtich. If it already exists, what is the request?

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,

As I see it, the idea of an Inseparable assy is that all the nut's and bolts of a bought out assy are not required in a BoM.  Only one entry is required, which is the inseperable 'bought out' assy.  So from a BoM point of view, an Inseparable assy should be identified similar to a part and not an assy of parts.

The switch (ref'd above) activates the function of making an inseprable assy a 'part' in a Bom, and not a list of unneccassary parts in a bought out component.  However, the function only works for single level BoMs.  An 'All level' bom identifies all the parts in the inseparable assy.

As detailed above, 18.0 requires a switch to enable an Inseperable assy to be identified as 1 part and not an 'assy of parts', but this functionality only works on single level boms

Request is that the Single Level BoM functionality for inseparable assys (currently available) is made available for 'all level' BoMa.

Hope that this describes the request a little clearer?

Thanks

Barry

Yes, thank you, I agree.

With the actual release Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 18.1 this issue is already solved

Hi Berthold,

Thanks for the update.  I have carried out a quick check in Modeling 18.1, and still i cannot get the Inseperable assy to be recognised as a 'Part' in a multi-level BoM. 

With the switch set to NIL, all the parts are listed - including the parts in the inseperable. 

With the switch set to t, only the part entries outside the inseparable assy are recognised - which is fine for a multi-level BoM, but the purpose of this request is that an Inseperable assy is recognised in the BoM as Part.

I will test again, in case i have overlooked anything - or if there is additional details i need to add, then please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. What is the exact version you are using? I verified it with the latest release 18.1 M010. But it should also be solved in the 18.1 F000 version. Maybe it would be helpful to get your data to test it on my side.

Thanks

I am using 18.1 M010... I have emailed you some sample data.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry, unfortunately I could verify your problem described above. I opended this idea again for voting

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived