Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like World View model display option

Would like World View model display option

The CAD system that we are replacing sets up the part using the World View datum axis.  All default views reflect this orientation.

Pro Engineer uses the Right Hand Coordinate system.  This is pretty much the CAD industry standard, but we’ve discovered that viewing the part in respect to the World Axis is a much more logical layout as it duplicates the real world view orientations.

What I would like to see implemented is either a default model or config option to incorporate the World View Coordinate system into model and drawing views.

The world view coordinate system would be lined up with the PRT_CSYS_DEF feature.

The Top View would be parallel to the top of the part looking in the direction of the negative world Z axis.

The Bottom View would be parallel to the bottom of the part looking in the direction of the positive world Z axis.

The Front View would be parallel to the front of the part looking in the direction of the positive world Y axis.

The Back View would be parallel to the back of the part looking in the direction of the negative world Y axis.

The Left View would be parallel to the left of the part looking in the direction of the positive world X axis.

The Right View would be parallel to the right of the part looking in the direction of the negative world X axis.

This can be manually changed by renaming all the Plane Tag displays and modifying the default views and their orientations but it is tedious, the standard orientation can’t be modified and I’m afraid that any Creo Parametric upgrade would wash away these changes.  See attached example.WorldViewCoordSys.jpg

2 Comments
Visitor

Update:  Another issue that I have not resolved with the manual set up with the World Coordinate system is that when I click the Front View and choose Sketch it flips and rotates the sketch.

In our other CAD software ZW; it is set up in the World Coordinate view system and it does not flip any of the sketches based off the main views.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived